By: Christina Smith, Certified Aromatherapist
At the end of each yoga session, I like to take a few minutes to rest in savasana (which translates as corpse pose). It’s very restful and allows you to complete the transition from active yoga session to relaxation! My favorite thing about this time is the small DIY eye pillow that blocks light! Let’s make one together:
What you’ll need:
- flax seeds – 1 cup
- white rice – 1 cup
- fabric (I used a piece of flannel)
- needle & thread (or sewing machine)
- Tranquil Synergy or Lavender, Vetiver & Chamomile Roman essential oils
What you’ll do:
- Combine flax seeds and rice with essential oils (a few drops of each) in a glass bowl, stir well, I added some fresh lavender from my garden. You may as well, or chamomile is another great option.
- Cut fabric into a 9″ x 11″ rectangle
- Fold fabric, right sides together to make a pouch.
- Stitch along all three sides, leaving a small space un-sewn (I am using red thread here so you can see it well).
- Turn the entire rectangle out, now your seams are inside
- Using a spoon and funnel, place the flax/rice mixture into the pillow
- Whipstitch the opening closed
- Enjoy a relaxing moment after your yoga session with your new eye pillow!