Making your own Foaming hand soap is not only fun, but you can customize the scent based on season, personal preference or germ fighting power! It’s also and easy & economical way to keep your hands clean!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Foaming pump dispenser
- Castile Soap
- Essential oils – I really like Citrus Burst in the summer
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Add water about 2/3 full
- Combine 3 tbsp castile soap
- Add essential oils, about 30 – 40 drops total
- Replace cap, shake well
**If you choose not to use a preservative you will need to store it in the fridge. Optiphen plus is a preservative which reduces the instance of bacterial growth in water-based products. We recommend that a preservative is used in any water-based products that you make at home. This is a great choice since it contains no parabens, no formaldehyde, and are not formaldehyde contributors.
A few soap “recipes” to get you started:
- HOLIDAY: Combine Orange Sweet, Clove Bud and Cinnamon Leaf
- SUMMER FRESH: Combine any citrus (Lime, Lemon, Grapefruit Pink, or Orange Sweet) with Peppermint or Spearmint
- KITCHEN: Lavender and Spruce
- GERM FIGHTING: Use Germ Destroyer Synergy or Germ Fighter Synergy
- IMMUNE BOOSTING: Use Immune Boom or Immune Aid Synergy
- SOFT & SWEET: Chamomile Roman and Lavender
Enjoy your foaming hand soap. I love knowing that I am providing a healthy environment even through my cleaning products. Using this hand soap is a gentle yet effective way to ensure that proper hygiene is happening at my house! My kids love to choose their scents and it helps encourage them to wash their hands!