If you’re like me, you have a favorite yoga mat that is starting to show its age. I’ve tried to soak it in the tub…that resulted in 2 full days of drying outside in order to be usable again. It dripped all over, it was horrible to “squeeze out” – I’ll never do that again! Wouldn’t it be nice to spray and wipe? Then you know your mat is fresh and clean. Join me, as we make a yoga mat spray!
What you’ll need:
- 2 ounce spray bottle
- Witch Hazel
- Essential oils: Tea Tree (for cleaning), Tranquil (or your favorite relaxing blend)
What you’ll do:
- Add the witch hazel to your spray bottle until it’s nearly full – but not quite.
- Add 9 drops of Tea Tree oil and up to 9 drops of Tranquil (this results in a 2% dilution).
- Cap and allow this to mellow for a day or two.
- Shake well prior to use.
- Spray onto mat and wipe off!
Now you can enjoy your yoga sessions knowing that you have a fresh, clean mat on which to do your practice! The Tea Tree will work to fight the funk, while the Tranquil lingers and allows you to have a clear mind and promotes a reduction in stress. The perfect combination for your yoga practice.