This is one of my favorite cleaning recipes! It’s a quick and easy DIY that you can use all over your home! Customize your scent & refresh your cleaning routine! Join me in making this multi-purpose powder for your home…
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1-2 cups baking soda
- Essential oils of your choice (great choice are the Deodorizing or KidSafe Odor Zapper synergies)
- Container with shaker lid or that you can drill holes into
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Add baking soda to fill 1/2 your jar
- Drop a few (10-15 drops) essential oils into your jar
- Add the rest of the baking soda
- Drop in more essential oils (another 10-15 drops)
- Shake well to incorporate the essential oils into the baking soda
- Sprinkle this mix onto your carpets, allow it to sit for 30-60 minutes and vacuum up.
- Pour about a tbsp. into the bottom of your trash pail to absorb stinky trash smells.
- Sprinkle onto mattresses, allow to sit for 30 minutes and use your vacuum’s accessory hose to vacuum up.
- Sprinkle into your kitchen sink, stainless steel, moisten a sponge or wash rag and scrub your sink to a high shine! Rinse well.
- Use a bit with any citrus to help remove stubborn labels from up cycled jars!
- Fresh and clean: Combine 2 parts any citrus & 1 part any mint (example 15 drops lime and 7 drops spearmint)
- Autumn Splendor: Use 20-30 drops Germ Fighter (use caution with children under age 10)
- KidSafe Germ Destroyer: Use 20-30 drops Germ Destroyer
- Floral Delight: Use 5 drops Ylang Ylang, 4 drops Neroli, 4 drops Bergamot, 3 drops vetiver or Patchouli
Enjoy your new household powder! You will find many uses for it!! I truly hope you find this powder as useful as I do! As always, if you have specific questions or concerns please get in touch with us. You can email our Certified Aromatherapists at [email protected] anytime. We’re happy to help!