Let’s create a Cayenne Salve!
I often like to highlight the other products, aside from essential oils, that Plant Therapy has to offer. Our beeswax is awesome, since it comes in this easy-to-measure pellet form. I just love the smell, it reminds me of being outside after the hay has been mowed! Also, our carrier oils are fabulous, and whatever one you choose it’s sure to be a winner. Finally, these awesome round, twist-up tubes! They all come together in this lovely balm that can be used for your sore muscles or aching back after a long day on the sports field or in the garden! No need to rub it in, the tube does all the work!
What you’ll need:
- Carrier oil of your choice; I chose Grapeseed
- 2 – round tubes
- Cayenne powder, from your pantry
- fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth
What you’ll do:
- Measure 1/2 cup carrier oil of choice into saucepan
- Add 2 tsp of cayenne powder to the carrier oil
- Warm over low heat for about 30 minutes, then turn off and allow to cool
- Strain to remove the cayenne solids from the oil
- Return the oil (now a beautiful orange) to heat and re-warm
- Weigh, then set aside, 1 ounce of beeswax (approx. 2-3 tbsp)
- Once oil is warm, add beeswax and allow to melt
- Pour into tubes, allow to cool until solid
Now you’re all done!
Next time I make this for myself, I am considering using 1 tsp cayenne and 1 tsp ground ginger to infuse my oil. Rub this lovely balm into your skin to soothe any minor discomfort you may have! The tube provides great application without worry of getting it onto your hands (and later in or near your eyes, ouch!). If you do get some on your hands, be sure to wash well!
As always, we want to hear from you! Contact us by emailing [email protected] for any questions, concerns or comments you may have. You can join our Facebook group Safe Essential Oil Recipes and participate in lively conversation with other essential oils users. We have your safety in mind – so come hang out with us to learn even more! We look forward to seeing you there!