By: Kimberly Daun, Certified Aromatherapist
This natural handcrafted soap is so perfect for dry and/or reddened skin. It gently cleanses while nourishing your skin at the same time. It lathers up nicely and I feel uplifted and calmed by the gentle aroma. As an added bonus, it’s safe for the kids (over 2) and since the Bergamot, I used is Bergaptine Free I don’t have to worry about it causing any sensitivity in the sunshine! If you prefer, here’s a great DIY Body Wash.
What you’ll need:
- 8 ounces of Shea Melt and Pour Soap
- 1 oz Tamanu Carrier Oil (Optional)
- 50 Drops Bergamot Essential Oil
- 30 Drops Lavender Essential Oil
- 20 Drops Geranium Egyptian Essential Oil
What you’ll do:
- Put soap in a microwave-safe container.
- Melt for 20 seconds bursts until fully melted.
- Remove from microwave and add essential oils.
- Mix well.
- Pour into molds and wait until hard (it was late so I left mine on the counter overnight to harden).
- Pop out of molds and enjoy!