By: Kimberly Daun, Certified Aromatherapist
I was scouring the internet for recipes on how to whiten teeth naturally and tried quite a few different recipes. Although this started out as simply a tooth paste recipe it has evolved into my oil pulling recipe by simply adding 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and swishing for 10-15 minutes. This recipe is not for the faint of heart, it packs some punch and takes a bit getting used to. It also takes a few rinses to remove the coloring. However the results are so worth it! My mouth feels so clean and healthy!
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon Baking Soda (Helps to remove stains and whiten teeth. Fights bad breath.)
- 1 tablespoon Bentonite Clay (Draws out heavy metals and toxins. Remineralizing, including calcium and magnesium. See this article about the benefits of magnesium. )
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric Spice (may help reduce swelling, encourages healthy gums, whitening)
- 3 tablespoons Solid Coconut Oil (supports healthy gums and freshens breath.)
- 6 drops Orange Blood (may help reduce swelling, supports healthy gums, and freshen breath)
- 10 drops Spearmint (supports a healthy mouth)
What you’ll do:
- Add together and sift dry ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. (I used a hand mixer)
- Store in a small mason jar.
How to use:
- Use a clean utensil to put a generous amount of paste on your toothbrush.
- Brush for 2 minutes.
- Spit out everything, do not swallow!
- Allow residue to sit on teeth for 2 minutes.
- Rinse well and enjoy a stronger, brighter, and whiter smile!