By: Kimberly Daun, Certified Aromatherapist
I was sitting on the beach last night at sunset simply enjoying the view. I was so lost in the beautiful scene that I didn’t realize that I had mosquitoes feasting on me! When I got home I started to itch all over my arms and legs, I was ferociously scratching all over. I quickly whipped up a few of these as I know this won’t be the last time my family and I have itchy bug bites this summer (go here to see how I clean up the messy beeswax residue). Thankfully, these start to ease the annoying itch as soon as you apply it. I’ll be keeping one in my purse for the rest of the bug season!
What you’ll need:
- 0.2 ounce Jojoba Carrier Oil (I infused mine with peppermint, go here to learn how to infuse your carrier oil with herbs)
- 0.2 ounce Almond Carrier Oil
- 0.4 ounce Beeswax Pearls
- 8 drops Tea Tree
- 8 drops Lavender
- 6 drops Helichrysum Italicum
- 6 Lip Balm Tubes
What you’ll do:
- Melt beeswax in a double boiler.
- Turn to low and mix in the carrier oil with beeswax.
- Turn off heat and add all essential oils.
- Pour into lip balm tubes.
- Allow to harden then put the cap on.
- You can print Avery 22804 Anti Itch Stick labels.