By: Kimberly Daun, Certified Aromatherapist
The process in which CO2’s are extracted enables the essential oil to maintain constituents that may not be present through steam distillation. Read more about CO2 Extracts here.
Download printable German Chamomile CO2 Chart Here
In the case of German Chamomile CO2, Matricine is maintained in the extraction process where it is lost when steam distilled. Matricine is one of the components most sought after for sensitive, dry, or reddened skin.
You can replace the carrier oils with those you prefer however I find that the carrier oils I chose really help with the intended purpose of each recipe. See recipe options for all skin types at the bottom.
What you’ll need for dry, reddened, sensitive skin:
- 1 drops German Chamomile CO2
- 7 drops Lavender Fine (you can use any Lavender, but ‘Fine’ is my favorite scent)
- 0.7 ounce Hemp Seed Carrier Oil (packed with Omega-6, which aids in soothing and moisturizing dry or irritated skin)
- 0.3 ounce Meadowfoam Carrier Oil
- 30 mL bottle
- Glass Dropper
What you’ll do:
- Measure all ingredients.
- Put into the bottle.
- Secure lid.
Apply to face each night, massage into skin. Enjoy a well moisturized and balanced looking complexion!
Recipe ideal for mature skin:
- 4 drops Frankincense Carteri CO2
- 5 drops Palmarosa
- 0.8 ounces Avocado Carrier Oil
- 0.2 ounces Evening Primrose Carrier Oil