The process in which CO2’s are extracted enables the oil to maintain constituents that may not be present through steam distillation. Read more about CO2 Extracts here.
Download Printable Frankincense Carteri CO2 Chart Here
Frankincense Carteri CO2 is excellent for sore muscles and aging joints. It is also fabulous for mature skin and can be used in this serum found here. Use it to promote clear breathing: 2 drops Frankincense Carteri CO2, 2 drops Eucalyptus Globulus, 1 drop Rosemary 1,8-Cineole, 1 drop Spruce into your diffuser.
What you’ll need:
- 1.5 ounces Fractionated Coconut Oil (you can use your carrier of choice, I infused mine with Oregano, find out how here)
- 0.5 ounces Beeswax Pearls
- 1 drop Cinnamon Cassia (this is at it’s recommended maximum dilution of 0.5%, omit to make this a KidSafe recipe)
- Juniper Berry 10 drops
- Black Pepper 10 drops
- Frankincense Carteri CO2 10 drops
- 2, 1-ounce tins
What you’ll do:
- Measure your oil and beeswax into a half pint jar. Place the metal band from the jar in the bottom of a pan of water. Then, place your half-pint jar on it. (I have had jars crack sitting on the bottom of the pot, so I now use this method to reduce the risk of cracking.)
- Melt the oils with the beeswax, stirring occasionally.
- Carefully remove to a space on the counter. I lay out a dish towel to protect the counter. Stir in your essential oils.
- Allow the salve to cool, with the lid on so the oils don’t evaporate out. Leaving the salve set until fully cooled will ensure a smooth final finish on top!