I am beside myself with excitement about our new Lime Steam Distilled! With this lime you don’t have to worry about phototoxicity, let your imagination run wild and use this in any of your beauty products! This also means that it is part of our KidSafe line of essential oils! Lime is now one of the top-rated essential oils for kids (according to my little ones)! Add to your favorite immune-boosting blend for a beautiful clean scent. Use it with the oil cleansing method to help balance oily skin. Diffuse it with lemon for a bright and energizing blend to help get you going first thing in the morning.
First on my list was to make an invigorating lip balm. I decided that it would be a fun holiday gift for friends and teachers. As an added bonus, it comes out to about 0.70 per gift!
What you’ll need:
- 10 grams (2 teaspoons) Beeswax Pearls
- 10 grams (2 teaspoons) Shea Butter
- 20 grams (4 teaspoons) Meadowfoam Carrier Oil
- 12 drops Lime Steam Distilled
- 6 drops Spearmint
- 9 lip balm tubes
What you’ll do:
- In a double boiler melt butter and beeswax.
- Once melted turn off heat.
- Add Meadowfoam oil, lime, and spearmint.
- Mix well.
- Transfer into lip balm tubes. (move quickly as the beeswax hardens quickly)
- Allow to cool then place lid firmly on.
Click Here for tips and tricks for cleaning up the messy beeswax!