If you were to mention the words Achillea Millifolium, most would not know what you were referring to. If you were to say “Blue Yarrow,” most would have at least heard of it, and many have seen it, as it grows in most every state in the US and in many different countries.
For many years, Native Americans have recognized this plant as a digestive aid and as a help for other ailments.
Some tribes would refer to it as a “Life Medicine.”
Blue Yarrow, has such a long and fascinating history. Its botanical name, Achillea millefolium, was named after the Greek myth Achilles. Also, it is said that when she was wounded in battle, the Goddess Aphrodite used Blue Yarrow to treat her wounds. She was said to have gone onto the battle field with the yarrow to assist her fellow wounded soldiers. It was later recorded as being used on soldiers during WWI to dress their wounds, stop bleeding, promote healing, as well as help prevent infection. 
Even today Blue Yarrow is renowned for its ability to help support the healing of damaged skin. It promotes healthy immune function and minimizes the length of seasonal illness. Emotionally, it is helpful with harmonizing your mind and body, promoting courage, and increases intuition. 
My top 6 uses for Blue Yarrow are:
Ease the appearance of Eczema
- 1 ounce Hemp Seed Carrier Oil, 6 drops Blue Yarrow, 6 drops Juniper Berry, 6 drops Palmarosa, massage onto areas of concern
Soothe illness, ease discomfort from fever, and support respiratory function
- 1 ounce Fractionated Coconut Oil, 4 drops Blue Yarrow, 6 drops Manuka, 4 drops Lemon, 4 drops Cypress, massage onto chest
Minimize joint discomfort
- In a personal inhaler, 4 drops Blue Yarrow, 4 drops Laurel Leaf, 4 drops Ho Wood, 3 drops Lavender Fine
- Promote Healing of Cuts and Scrapes
- In a roll on, 10 mL Hemp Seed Carrier Oil, 2 drops Blue Yarrow, 2 drops Lavender, 2 drops Helichrysum Italicum
Download Product Template Sheet Here
What is your favorite Oil of the Month and how do you use it?
|||V. A. Worwood, The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy, Novato: New World Library, 2016.|
|||K. &. Bull, Aromatherapy & Subtle Energy Techniques, CreateSpace, 2015.|
|||P. &. Cantele, The complete aromatherapy & essential oils handbook for everyday wellness, Toronto: Robert Rose, 2014.|