Sometimes summer fun can lead to summer bruising and bumps. To combat these painful black and blue beauties, certain essential oils work wonders! They can help speed up the healing process, reduce pain and inflammation, and improve their overall appearance.
Let’s take a look at a few go-to oils when you need some relief from these common skin injuries!
Essential oils for healing:
- Lavender: This gentle, all-around amazing oil helps reduce inflammation and swelling, while also being chocked full of skin healing properties.
- Helichrysum Italicum: Great for reducing the appearance of bruises, this powerful wound-healing oil aids in healing muscle tissue and reduces pain, inflammation, and swelling while enhancing blood circulation.
- Helichrysum Organic Hydrosol: Not only is the essential oil wonderful for bruising, but so is the hydrosol! Soothing and calming to the skin, and gentle enough to use directly on the skin, this is a great product for healing skin.
- Cypress: Not only does this oil provide relief to swelling and pain, it also improves blood circulation. Plus, its astringent properties prevent excessive blood flow to promote clotting by tightening the tissues.
- Frankincense: Relaxing and pain relieving, this is wonderful option to healing that also helps to reduce the appearance of bruising.
- Better Than Kisses Synergy: This wonderful blend of Lavender, Marjoram Sweet, Cypress, Tea Tree, and Blue Tansy is specifically formulated for helping the owies of children ages 2 to 10.
On the Mend Roller Blend
What you’ll need:
- 4 drops Helichrysum Italicum
- 3 drops Cypress
- 2 drops Lavender Fine
- 10 mL Near Perfection Carrier Oil Blend (or carrier oil of choice)
- 10 mL roll-on bottle
What you’ll do:
Add essential oils to empty 10 mL roll-on bottle and fill the rest with carrier oil. Apply directly to the impacted area twice daily.
Riding bikes, playing tag, climbing trees, and swinging around monkey bars under the hot summer sun…This is what makes summer the best time of year to be a kid. But for many of us parents, it means nervous nail biting, yelling out safety reminders, and fantasizing about wrapping our precious kiddos head to toe in bubble wrap! Thankfully, when the tumbles and stumbles happen, hugs, kisses and (hopefully!) essential oils are there to save the day!