Cute, festive, DIY crafts that kids can do are one of the best parts about the holiday season. There is no better time of year to bust out that hot glue gun, some felt, and paint, and see what happens! Try making these adorable Christmas Friends as a fun family activity that everyone can participate in. They’re a great way to reuse cardboard tubes and work perfectly for passive diffusion; just add a few drops of Holly Berries (or another favorite Holiday Blend) and enjoy these cute little guys around your home. They’re ready to bring you some Christmas cheer!
And don’t forget to check out all our awesome gift guides for everyone on your list this holiday season!
Cardboard Roll Christmas Friends
What you’ll need:
- Empty toilet paper rolls
- Colored paper
- Yellow felt
- Kid-friendly acrylic paint
- Fine-tipped sharpie pen or paintbrush
- Glue gun with glue sticks
- Holly Berries Holiday Blend
What you’ll do:
- Cut into the top of the tube at a slant and fold the cardboard to create a triangle shape in the middle. Repeat on the other side of the roll. This creates a pointy, crown-like top.
- Paint the bottom half of the roll a solid color for the outfit.
- Draw or paint a belt with a buckle around the center of the outfit.
- Paint or draw eyes, nose, and mouth above the outfit.
- Using colored paper, cut out a large circle and cut the circle in half.
- Create a cone shape and glue together, making sure it fits on top of the toilet paper roll. Two elf ears will be sticking out.
- Glue a pom-pom to the top of the cone hat.
- Cut the yellow felt into a thin strip for the collar and glue onto the outfit.
- Place 1-3 drops of Holly Berries Holiday Blend into the inside of the toilet paper roll for lovely passive diffusion!