How do you Evoke emotion with scent?
Scent has no personal significance until it becomes connected to something else with meaning in your life. Your husband’s cologne or your mom’s perfume are some great examples. Or think of the feeling you get when you smell a roasting turkey at Thanksgiving.
When you first encounter a scent, your brain starts forming nerve connections that intertwine a new scent with emotions. The ability of the brain to process both scent and emotion are rooted in the same place in your brain: The limbic system. The olfactory center of your brain also interacts directly with your hippocampus, the area involved in the formation of new memories.
In addition to being the sense most closely linked to memory, your sense of smell is highly emotive. The perfume industry was developed around the connection between scent and emotion, with perfume companies creating fragrances that attempt to evoke a vast array of emotions and feelings; from desire, to power, vitality, relaxation and even attraction.
In other words, there is no other sense like your sense of smell, no other sense has the ability to create these deep connections tied directly into your emotions.
Practically this might mean that using scent you can evoke emotions tied to that scent: The scent of a loved one while you’re apart, the feeling of a cozy, warm family dinner, or the burst of energy you feel after a great night’s sleep.
This is why when you smell your husband’s cologne when he’s traveling for work, you can almost feel him at that moment.
More than a photo, the scent you associate with these strong memories and emotions has the power to create the feeling, and the emotions, of your memory.
To create new memories, pick a distinctive scent that many people haven’t encountered yet, and start using it in those moments you want to attach to your memory. Diffuse Jubilation during a big family Christmas dinner, apply Excite before a big job interview to get that same energy boost you felt when you used it after your last gym session.
Meet Evoke: The emotion of scent
A Fragrance has the power to transport you, to transform your mood, to enhance your ability to feel emotions by tapping into the part of the brain responsible for memory. Bring the emotion of fragrance into your home with Plant Therapy’s new line of natural scents: Evoke.
Evoke is the new line of natural fragrance products exclusively from Plant Therapy, characterized by complex, deep, emotive scents. These new products are derived from the natural aromatic components of essential oils (or isolates).
Another thing that makes isolates and the Evoke line even more amazing is that while they were created mostly for aroma and to evoke emotion, they still carry over many of the properties of the essential oils and isolates in them. This means that you may find a blend that works well for you in other areas of your life.
Get to know Evoke:
Different scents evoke different feelings – the excitement you feel before a big date, the joy you feel when you realize a goal, the admiration, and love you feel for your family. All of these emotions have been captured in our Celebrate Set.
- Excite Blend: Your enthusiasm will bubble over when you smell our Excite Blend. Excite is woody and fresh, with notes of tangy tangerine, peppered rose, green foliage, and warm cedar woods. The hints of black pepper and tea tree make this blend an exciting addition to any collection.
- Jubilation Blend: Find joy every day with our Jubilation Blend. With notes of lush berries and crushed peppercorn, Grandiflora rose and luminous musks, this blend is complex and beautiful. Combined with fresh and floral scents, this blend is a lovely addition to any home fragrance collection.
- Revere Blend: A blend that recalls love and admiration, this floral yet spicy blend will entice you with notes of apple blossoms and citrus, along with rose absolute, dewy greens, and soft musks. Spice up your collection with this seductive blend.
Your senses will flourish when you experience the blends in our Thrive Set. Influenced by vintage spirits, this collection is spicy, woody, and fresh, with undertones of warm sweetness that will inspire you to thrive.
- Spirit: This blend is lively and warm, spirit-filled and woody, with notes of caramelized sugar, bourbon whiskey, clove, nutmeg, and vanilla balsam. The hints of lemon bitters, cinnamon leaf, and cedarwood make this a warm and complex blend.
- Verve: Verve is woody and sweet, and sparkles with notes of lemon fizz and cardamom, along with sweet tobacco notes, warm sultry woods, and a hint of amber and vanilla. This blend embodies vitality, and a sexy, sweet feeling.
- Zest: Fresh and spicy scents make this blend a delightful addition to any natural fragrance collection. With notes of peppercorn, juniper berry, and aquatic florals mixed with lime zest, lemon peel, and ambery musk tones, this blend feels exciting and vivacious.
Formulated with natural isolates, each blend contains the 100% natural aromatic components of essential oils. These unique blends include many all natural fragrances designed specially to create beautiful scents for diffusion, applying topically, or enjoying in your aromatherapy necklace or personal inhaler.
Each Evoke blend comes in an undiluted 10 mL bottle and is packaged together in an attractive and convenient display box. Topical dilution varies per blend, for a full list of ingredients and cautions please visit https://www.planttherapy.com/evoke.
Get started pairing emotions with scent today
At Plant Therapy, we have so many amazingly simple and chic projects to let you immediately begin pairing these complex scents with the emotions of your life.