I know it feels like it was just Valentine’s Day, but Easter is coming up quick! We’ve got some great ideas for celebrating in style while keeping your festivities eco-friendly and natural.
1. Fill a reusable Easter basket.
Plastic, throw-away baskets are the fast fashion of the Easter Holiday. Pass on plastic baskets if you’re trying to reduce waste! Instead, choose a basket that can be used again and again, looks cute, and is biodegradable.
Wicker, rattan, and straw baskets are also bio-degradable and so much more earth-friendly. And you can pick up some really cute ones at a thrift store for only a couple bucks, making them even more eco-friendly!
2. Diffuse essential oils instead of burning candles to bring on the spring mood!
It’s time to diffuse something that will get you in the Easter mood! Nothing says Spring like a great floral scent.
- Lavender: Lavender is a classic, fresh scent to remind you of Spring. It’s also great for promoting calm and relaxation.
- Rose Absolute: Reminding you of a garden in bloom, Rose also has calming properties which help you relax and enjoy your Easter holiday.
- Ylang Ylang: With a delicate, fresh scent, Ylang Ylang is the perfect floral scent for Easter! It’s sweet, delicious-smelling and helps encourage a great mood.
- Jasmine: Jasmine is a rich exotic scent that smells like new spring flowers. Jasmine also helps promote warm feelings, love, and feelings of friendship. It’s perfect for the Easter holiday!
And of course, you can diffuse our Spring Blends to really set the Easter mood.
3. Use (recycled) paper Easter basket grass.
Another thing that’s truly obnoxious, gets everywhere and isn’t eco-friendly? Easter grass.
You know what I’m talking about. The thin tangled strips of colored plastic made just for filling up extra space in Easter baskets. Somehow it gets into every nook and cranny of your house and manages to wrap itself around the inside of your vacuum cleaner. Plus the fact that its plastic means it gets a definite thumbs down from the environment.
Boycott Easter grass this Easter Sunday and choose one of these eco-friendly natural options instead!
- In-the-shell peanuts. The shells compostable and the peanuts themselves are a healthy snack.
- Recycled shredded newspaper (or wrapping paper). Paper is biodegradable and using something that otherwise would be trash gets a thumbs-up from the earth.
- Skip the grass completely. Because let’s be real, the baskets are all about the treats and toys anyways!
4. Give homemade, eco-friendly or natural gifts!
There are so many amazing, natural and eco-friendly DIY gifts that would make great additions to any Easter basket! Skip the candy, and fill your baskets with some of these fun ideas instead:
- DIY lip balms with essential oil
- KidSafe essential oil roll-ons
- Homemade essential oil bath bombs (with KidSafe oils)
- Natural DIY candles
- Aroma Plush plush toys
- Homemade hand sanitizer
- Homemade cookies, brownies or cupcakes
- Craft Kits
- Plantable seed bombs or small garden kits
- Recycled plastic or wooden toys
You can also check out our specially curated Easter shop to find everything you’ll need to help you celebrate naturally. And maybe snag yourself some essential oils while you’re filling everyone else’s baskets!
We hope you love these ideas to celebrate Easter in a more eco-friendly, natural and non-toxic way. If you want to learn even more, be sure to check out our Plant Therapy blog for ideas, tips, and education.