It’s Better Sleep Month! I think we can all admit that quality sleep is something we all know we need, but never seem to get enough of. And we’ve all heard how important it is. After all, not getting enough, quality sleep can cause brain fog, reduce your libido, and even make your skin look older. No thank you! We rounded up a few of our favorite tips to help you achieve better sleep naturally.
Ditch the devices
No really, put down your phones. As hard as it might be to part with Facebook, your favorite game or texting your bff, it’s definitely putting a damper on night’s sleep. The blue lights emitted by your phone or tablet suppresses your body’s melatonin production (melatonin is that great sleep-inducing hormone). It can also mess your body’s internal clock. Plan on putting down your electronic devices about 30-60 minutes before bedtime.
Start that sleep schedule
Going to bed and getting up at a specific time every day (including weekends) is incredibly important. It helps support your body’s circadian rhythm and internal clock. And when your body gets used to a schedule, you’ll have an easier time falling asleep and waking up. Those precious minutes when you’re not laying awake staring at the ceiling or constantly hitting the snooze button now are part of your productive and relaxing day!
Spray those sheets
A nice linen spray or hydrosol is a great way to enjoy the therapeutic of essential oils. And there are so many great oils to help you achieve a better night’s sleep! Hydrosols are a gentle and effective option for a pillow or linen spray. Try using Lavender or Chamomile, both well known for their calming effects. Or you can make this Vetiver Pillow Spray DIY! Vetiver, with an earthy, woodsy and spicy scent, is one of the most popular choices for its relaxing properties. It helps calm the mind before bedtime. Add a spritz or two to your bedding before bed to enjoy these benefits.
Bust out the blends
And last but not least, Plant Therapy has several blends to help you get a restful, quality night’s sleep. Just add a few drops to your diffuser about 30 minutes before bedtime. Check it out:
- Relax: If you’ve had a long, stressful day, the essential oils in this blend work to promote a peaceful, tranquil state of mind
- Sleep Aid: The blend of Lavender, Mandarin, and Ylang Ylang work together to help you catch those much-needed zzzs.
- Sleep Tight: Formulated specifically for those who are more sensitive to unfavorable scents, this blend will help calm the mind and relax the body.
- Nighty Night: This KidSafe blend is designed to help those who have a hard time winding down before bed. In addition to helping calm the mind, it also helps promotes full body relaxation.
- Sweet Dreams: For those who struggle with bad dreams and night terrors, this blend is for you. It helps soothe those turbulent emotions and promote a peaceful, uninterrupted night of rest.
- Sweet Slumber: And last but not least, we have Sweet Slumber. This blend was created for anyone who cannot use Lavender. It uses Cedarwood, Ho Wood, Orange and other calming oils to create a calming, soothing, and sedating atmosphere.
For more incredible DIYs, be sure to check out our Facebook group, Safe Essential Oil Recipes (SEOR)!