Latin name: Boswellia carteri
Aroma Description: Green, balsamic, with lemon-wood
- Can help bring comfort during times of grief or sadness.
- When used topically, can help improve the look of mature skin.
- Helps ease joint pain that is a result of age or overuse.
- Also helps support a healthy immune system.
Yes! Frankincense Carteri IS KidSafe.
Dilute to 1-2% in your favorite Plant Therapy carrier oil or lotion for facial applications or dilute to 3-5% for full body applications.
Add 2-3 drops to your diffuser to help bring comfort during times of sadness.
Oils to blend with:
- Frankincense Carteri Vs. Frankincense Frereana Vs. Frankincense Serrata + Top 5 Ways to Use Frankincense
- 5 Essential Oils to Support Journaling
- What Are the Best Essential Oils for Immune Support
- Essential Oils and Worry
- The Top 7 Essential Oils for Aiding with Sleep and Relaxation
- Essential Oils and ADHD: Bringing an Inhaler to School
- Back-to-School DIY Immune-Boosting Essential Oil Bath Bombs
- Essential Oils for Self-Esteem: Bright Cheerful Inhaler Blend DIY
Frankincense is one of the most popular essential oils out there. Its benefits are so revered that it’s even called the King of Oils. Here at Plant Therapy, we offer more than one variety. If you’re curious about the difference between the different oils, be sure to check out our posts on the different types of Frankincense. Now let’s get on to the good stuff.
Smoothing & Rejuvenating
While Frankincense Frereana might seem like the go-to skin-loving oil, Frankincense Carteri is right up there! It’s especially good for helping to smooth and improve the appearance of mature skin. We recommend a dilution of 1-2% for facial application. This oil pairs perfectly with our Younger Glo carrier oil blend. Next time you decide to make a DIY face serum, don’t forget to add this oil to your blend.
Aches & Pains
When life gives you aches and pains, reach for Frankincense Carteri. Whether your joints are starting to feel wear and tear that comes with age or are hurting from overuse, this oil can help. Just dilute to 3-5% in your favorite carrier oil and massage onto the areas of concern. Your joints will thank you!
Comfort & Peace
In times of grief and sadness, essential oils can help. By adding a few drops to your diffuser, it can help bring comfort, peace and an atmosphere of calm. Sometimes you’re mourning the loss of someone special or sometimes life just particularly rough. A peaceful, soothing environment can make all the difference.
Healthy Immune System
Another one of the amazing benefits of this oil is that it helps promote a healthy immune system. For those of you that travel, have children in school or spend a lot of time in a busy office, you know how important it is to stay healthy. Who wouldn’t want to avoid a week of sniffles and coughs!?