Latin name: Cymbopogon winterianus
Aroma Description: Lemony citrus type scent, though it is much softer than actual Lemon with subtle wood tones.
- Helps support a healthy respiratory system.
- Aids in relaxation and helps create a calming environment.
- Useful for creating a natural barrier to keep away outdoor bugs.
- Promotes a healthy respiratory system and helps protect from seasonal illnesses.
- Also helps keep feet healthy when dealing with fungal issues.
Yes! Citronella IS KidSafe.
Dilute to 1-3% in a carrier oil for topical application.
Add a few drops to your diffuser blend for a calming, lemony scent. Also, diffuse equal part Citronella and Cinnamon Leaf to help promote a clean atmosphere and protect from seasonal illnesses.
Oils to blend with:
- The Top Uses for Lime, Grapefruit Pink, May Chang, Sweet Fennel & Citronella
- Essential Oils for Skin: Flawless Feet for Summer
- Essential Oils and Gardening: Natural Tips for Maintaining Your Garden
Calm & Relaxing
While it might not be the first thing you think of when you take a whiff of Citronella, this essential oil is excellent for creating a calm, relaxing environment. It has a nice, citrusy aroma that is much softer than actual lemons. So if you’re looking for a fresh, pleasant scent that blends well with a variety of citrus, floral and woodsy oils, this one’s for you. Next time you take a few moments to yourself, reach for Citronella and enjoy its relaxing effects.
Bugs Be Gone
The scent of Citronella is practically synonymous with bug repellent. And for good reason! It’s one of the best essential oils you can choose when you’re looking for a natural way to help keep bugs at bay. You can use it topically in a carrier oil or lotion or make your own outdoor candle to help keep your outdoor space bug free. You can even set up your diffuser on your patio!
No More Sickness
Getting sick is no fun for anyone. Luckily Citronella is a great choice to help keep the air and your clean. Add it to your diffuser to help promote a clean atmosphere and protect your family when seasonal illnesses seem to be everywhere.
Who doesn’t want healthy, fabulous looking feet? It’s fun to show off that fresh pedicure in a fun pair of sandals. But if you’re struggling with fungus issues due to damp places and public pools and showers, Citronella can help. Add 1 drop of Citronella and 2 drops of Tea Tree to 1 tablespoon of Coconut Oil or Aloe Vera Jelly and apply to your feet. Citronella can also be a great addition to your natural deodorant as it helps with perspiration.