Latin name: Cinnamomum camphora
Aroma Description: Woody, floral and camphorous scent
- Promotes a relaxing and peaceful environment.
- Incredibly calming due to its high linalool content.
- Leaves a pleasant cooling effect on the skin when applied topically.
- Helps soothe red and itchy skin.
- Helps ease respiratory symptoms resulting from the common cold and seasonal allergies
Yes! Ho Wood IS KidSafe.
Dilute to 2-5% in a carrier oil and apply to red or irritated skin.
Add a few drops to your diffuser to enjoy the relaxing benefits. Blend with Lavender for an incredibly calming blend or with a citrus oil for an uplifting yet relaxing blend.
Oils to blend with:
- Essentials Video: Rosalina Linen Spray
- So You Hate Lavender… Now What?
- Essentials Video: Geranium Bourbon Cuticle Balm
- Rest and Recover Bath Bomb Blend DIY
- Calm the Mom Inhaler Blend
- Allergies, Essential Oils and the Common Cold
- Back-to-School DIY Immune-Boosting Essential Oil Bath Bombs
- Our Top 3 Ways to Use Essential Oils for Meditation
Ho Wood essential oil has many amazing benefits, not to mention a soft woodsy aroma with a hint of floral. It’s also a great alternative to Rosewood Oil, which is a threatened species and should be avoided. It is also worth noting that our Ho Wood has had safrole (a carcinogen) removed, making it smell better and also making it safer for use.
All About the Linalool
As essential oils go, Ho Wood has one of the highest quantities of Linalool out there. Linalool is the chemical constituent that is known for its ability to help calm, relax and soothe anxiety. It’s also found in other calming oils like Lavender, Thyme Linalool and Coriander Seed. The result is an oil that is perfect for helping you feel calm and relaxed after a long day. Try adding it to your favorite bubble bath for a soothing experience or diffuse it 30 minutes before bedtime to help you unwind. For those that can’t do Lavender but still need a calming oil, this is a great substitute.
Calm and Cool
In addition to be incredibly calming, Ho Wood is also one of a few oils that has a cooling effect on the skin when applied topically. Peppermint is usually the go-to for this because of its menthol content. However Ho Wood contains enough camphor to produce a similar if milder sensation. This makes it a fantastic choice to help soothe red, itchy or irritated skin. For example, try whipping up our Cuticle Balm for the next time your cuticles need some TLC.
Bye, Bye Colds
This oil is also definitely one you want to have on hand when cold season shows up. Ho Wood can help ease your breathing and support your respiratory system. And when you’re struggling with your cold, you need all the help you can get to help with the sniffles and congestion. The best part is it also great for easing similar symptoms that result from seasonal allergies.
More Positivity, Please
The Linalool content that makes Ho Wood so excellent for relaxation also makes it a very peaceful oil. It can help ease anxiety and assist with a positive change in outlook. When you’re looking to create an uplifting and comforting atmosphere, try diffusing with a citrus oil such as Bergamot, Grapefruit or Mandarin.