Looking for a fun and crafty DIY you can do with the whole family? We’ve got the perfect one! These Paper Pumpkins are a fantastic and delightful way to celebrate National Pumpkin Day. All you need is some colorful paper, a few pipe cleaners, and your favorite seasonal blend. You can choose whatever color or pattern matches your decor and still enjoy the special seasonal touch. Even better, each of the blends in our Finally Fall and Monster Mash sets are KidSafe, making them all fantastic choices for passive diffusion.
What you’ll need:
- Finally Fall or Monster Mash Blend
- 3 pieces 12×12 Scrapbook Paper
- 1 Pipe Cleaner per pumpkin
- Hole punch
What you’ll do:
- Cut 16-24 strips of paper in the following dimensions; Small: 6 inches long by ½ inch wide. Medium: 9 inches long by 3/4 inch wide. Large: 12 inches long by 1 inch wide.
- Punch a small hole near both ends of the paper strips.
- Put one end of the pipe cleaner through the holes in the paper and loop to keep the paper from falling off, pattern side down (at the looped end of the wire).
- Pick up the bottom paper strip and thread the wire through the hole on the other end. Do this in order, bottom strip first.
- Make a tight loop in the pipe cleaner so the paper will stay in place and twist it to curl the ‘vine.’
- To use, place 1 drop of your chosen blend on the top of each pipe cleaner.
Looking for more fun ways to use your essential oils as a family? Be sure to join our Safe Essential Oil Recipes (SEOR) Facebook Group!