Ready for a fun new twist on a classic DIY? Check out these Evergreen Bath Bombs! You can luxuriate in a delightfully fizzy bath while enjoying the refreshing aromas of Balsam Fir, Spruce Black, and Eucalyptus Dives. These oils are also great for helping clear your respiratory system and soothe sore muscles. It could be just what you need after a long, stressful day. You can even use green mica to embrace the evergreen theme and add a fun, colorful touch to your bath.
*For a printable version, click here.
Balsam Fir Evergreen Bath Bombs
What you’ll need:
- 3 cups Baking Soda
- 2 cups Citric Acid
- 1 Tbsp Buttermilk Powder
- 1 tsp Polysorbate 80
- 2 ounces Jojoba or Fractionated Coconut Oil
- .5 ounces Shea Butter (melted)
- Optional: Green Mica
- Witch Hazel*
- 15 drops Balsam Fir
- 13 drops Spruce Black
- 12 drops Frankincense Carteri
- 5 drops Eucalyptus Dives
What you’ll do:
- Whisk dry ingredients together with a mixer to remove all clumps. If adding mica, add in a small amount and mix until it has incorporated into the dry ingredients to the desired color.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the Jojoba, melted Shea Butter, Polysorbate 80, and essential oils.
- Slowly add the liquids to the dry ingredients. Blend until you have the consistency of damp sand. Squeeze a small amount of the mixture in your hands to see if it will hold shape. Continue to mix until the desired consistency has been reached. *If too dry, spritz in a small amount of witch hazel and mix well.
- Pack both halves of the bath bomb mold, pressing firmly and slightly overfilling. Push the molds together and slightly twist until the seams line up.
- Holding the mold in your hand, gently tap the top and then remove the mold. Turn the bomb over in your hand and gently tap if needed to remove the mold.
- Allow to air dry for 24 hours.
For more incredible DIYs like this one, don’t forget to check out our Safe Essential Oil Recipes (SEOR) Facebook Group.