Valentine’s Day is almost here! Store aisles are littered with splashes of red and pink, chocolates and teddy bears. If you’re trying to find a special way to celebrate with your honey, essential oils can be that extra special touch to bring your evening to the next level. In addition to helping tie a memory to a specific smell, essential oils can also help promote relaxation, romance, and sensuality. Which brings us to our new blend, Be Mine.
Meet Be Mine
Created especially for Valentine’s Day, Be Mine has a sweet, zesty, floral scent that brings a little spice to your day. It combines traditionally romantic oils with fresh citrus to help create a romantic atmosphere, support mental health, help boost mood, calm nerves, and of course, promote sensuality. Let’s take a look at what each oil brings to the blend.
- Bergamot: This light, citrus oil offers not only a fresh aroma but also helps boost your mood and create an uplifting atmosphere. It’s well-known for its ability to help calm nerves and ease anxiety. This makes Bergamot great for helping you relax after a long or stressful day, get out of your head, and enjoy the time with your special someone.
- Orange Essence: Another fresh and citrusy oil, Orange Essence offers its intense orange aroma to the blend. It’s uplifting like Bergamot, but also has an energizing quality (something you know you’ll want for the night ahead). It helps ease worry and tension so you can relax and enjoy yourself.
- Patchouli: Often found in romantic blends, Patchouli brings a rich, earthy aroma. It’s grounding, relaxing and soothing… just what you’ll want when you’re setting the mood.
- Damiana: Widely known for its aphrodisiac properties, Damiana has been used in Mexican folk medicine as a love potion. So, of course, it belongs in our Be Mine blend! It’s calming, uplifting and relaxing, while simultaneously helping you focus. In turn, this helps get you in the right kind of mood for intimacy.
- Sandalwood: This sweet woodsy oil completes Be Mine with its soft, relaxing fragrance. Sandalwood helps relax the mind and body while easing worries.
Essential Oils as Aphrodisiacs
So you might be wondering how exactly essential oils can help you in the bedroom. Because no, they won’t magically boost your libido or give you the sex drive of someone in their twenties. However, essential oils are wonderful for helping ease some of the underlying issues that might be negatively affecting your sex life like stress, confidence, communication, and fatigue. By using oils or blends like Be Mine, they can help promote relaxation, ease worries, and boost energy, all of which can help you “get in the mood”.
And even if things are going great in the bedroom, essential oils can provide something extra to let your special someone know you put extra time and thought into creating a romantic atmosphere. Additionally, scents are strongly tied to memory, so any time you use a specific blend for your intimate moments, you can tie that scent to the memories and experiences.
How to Set The Mood
There are a number of ways that you can use Be Mine (or Sensual or your own romantic blend) to set the mood on Valentine’s Day. You can choose the one or two that work best for you and your special someone. Just be sure to not overload the senses.
- Add a few drops to your diffuser. It’s as simple as that! The air will be filled with the sweet aroma of Be Mine.
- Combine Be Mine with the Passive Lotus Diffuser. Passive diffusion is a simple way to create a more subtle aroma in your space. Plus the stylish lotus design will add a romantic touch.
- Whip up a linen spray! Just a few spritzes of a linen spray on your sheets and bedding will leave you surrounded by gentle aroma of Be Mine. For a small batch, combine 1/2 ounce Everclear, 1 1/2 ounces water and 18-26 (1-2% dilution depending on preference) drops in a spray bottle.
- Create a scented massage oil. Our Marvelous Massage blend was created especially for bodywork and has just the right amount of slip. It’s the perfect base for a sensual massage oil. Just make sure that once you add essential oils to avoid contact with any sensitive areas. Dilute Be Mine to 2-3% in Marvelous Massage and enjoy!
- Make a scented Body Butter. Smell amazing and have silky-soft skin? Yes, please! Both our unscented Body Butters and Body Crèmes provide nourishment and moisture to the skin. It’ll be great after the pre-Valentine’s day shave and leave you subtly smelling like our Be Mine blend.
Be Mine Body Butter
What you’ll need:
- 2-ounce tub or jar
- 2 ounces Naturally Unscented Body Butter or Unscented Age Defying Body Crème
- 27 drops Be Mine
- Stirring rod or spoon
Add these products to your cart
What you’ll do:
Measure out your body butter or body crème into the new container. Add 27 drops Be Mine and stir. Massage onto your skin for rich moisturization and a sweet, zesty and floral scent.
Tip: 4 tablespoons is equal to 2 ounces.
For a printable version, click here.
One comment on “How to Set a Romantic Mood with Be Mine”
I love my little diffuser.its prefect for my bathroom and fits right in ny decor.