When you think about the places you spend the most time, your car might not be the first thing that comes to mind. But on average, Americans spend over an hour a day in their cars. That’s equal to 19 workdays a year! With that much time spent on the road, it provides the perfect opportunity to enjoy the many benefits of essential oils. Whether you need a tranquil atmosphere to help you deal with all the crazy drivers out there or some help when you’re dealing with car sickness, there are so many amazing choices. Our Crystal Carfresh Diffuser, Peppermint Essential Oil, and Ginger Root CO2 are a fantastic place to start.
Crystal Carfresh Diffuser
Our Crystal Carfresh Diffuser offers a chic, simple way to enjoy your essential oils on the go. The Crystal Carfresh features a clip to attach to your vent, a long black facet-cut stone magnetic cover, and a replaceable refill stick. To use, you just remove the cover, add 5-6 drops of your favorite essential oils and let the scent fill your car. You can also purchase more refill sticks to have on hand whenever you need them.
Here are a few tips for getting the most out of your Crystal Carfresh Diffuser:
- Use the refill sticks that are included with your purchase.
- Be sure to use a clean refill stick with each different essential oil.
- Don’t store essential oils in automobiles with high in-car temperatures and sun exposure. It could degrade your oils!
- Handle your essential oils with care. They are very concentrated.
- Wash your hands after handling the refill stick to prevent any irritation.
- Try not to spill your oils (easier said than done, I know). If you do accidentally get drops anywhere, wipe up immediately.
- Keep away from children under 3 yrs. and pets to avoid accidental choking or ingestion.
- The refill stick is not food. Trust us, you don’t want to eat those things.
- Don’t use other materials or DIY versions of the refill stick. It probably won’t work nearly as well.
- The temperature outside, the temperature inside, the size of your car, etc could all affect how well the essential oils fill your space. If you can’t smell anything at first, gradually add more drops until you reach the desired level. Keep in mind, going nose blind is a thing, so be careful not to overdo it.
- Add more essential oils as needed when you notice the scent fade.
- Most importantly, enjoy!
Minty fresh and familiar, Peppermint is one of the best oils to take with you on the road. First and foremost, it’s incredibly energizing. Its fresh and cool aroma will invigorate your mind and body. It promotes energy and alertness, which can be so important when the daily commute becomes a daily grind. It can help you wake up when you start your day or give you a boost after a long day at work. Another added benefit is that Peppermint can help with nausea and queasiness. So when the stop-and-go traffic or windy roads contribute to your car sickness, add Peppermint to the Crystal Carfresh, inhale deeply and enjoy your commute.
The benefits of Peppermint don’t stop there. Its menthol content makes it incredibly cooling to the skin. Dilute to 2-3% in a carrier oil or lotion before applying it topically. You can use it on your temples or neck to help with tension or headaches. Or use it on your stomach or abdomen to help when nausea or stomach issues are more intense. Peppermint also makes a wonderful addition to your cleaning DIYs.
Ginger Root CO2
Ginger Root is another one of the most common oils to help with stomach issues and nausea. After all, there’s a reason we drink ginger ale when we’re sick. While there may be a questionable amount of ginger in that beverage to actually help with nausea, the Ginger Root essential oil sure does. It can help calm your stomach and ease symptoms related to car sickness, everyday upset stomach or even those pesky hangovers. Keep it next to your Peppermint, ready for your next road trip. And like Peppermint, Ginger is energizing and uplifting. What a perfect combo!
Ginger Root also is one of the warming oils, which makes it incredibly useful for so many issues. When applied topically, it can be especially beneficial for joint pain due to normal wear and tear. Because it also helps stimulate blood flow, it can ease muscle cramps, whether from exercise or that time of the month. Keep in mind, you’ll want to use a 0.5-1% dilution for any topical application.
Car Sickness Carfresh Diffuser Blend
What you’ll need:
What you’ll do:
Add all drops to the refill stick of your Crystal Carfresh Diffuser. Enjoy the stomach-calming and energizing benefits as you drive!