Spring is here and it is time to start changing the furnace filters, eliminating all of the winter dust, and cleaning out your closets to make room for these beautiful DIY Closet and Dresser Drawer Sachets! When paired with a blend from our new Everything Spring set, these sachets are just what you need to make your stuffy closets and drawers a little less… stuffy. And as an added bonus, your clothes will smell amazing! Be sure to check out the pdf to find printable tags you can attach to each of your sachets.
1. Gather all of your supplies.
You’ll need a 6×12 inch piece of fabric, hem tape, a ruler, ¼ cup Epsom Salt, ½ cup White Rice, and 18-20 drops of your favorite Everything Spring blend.
2. Fold your fabric into a 6×6 square.
3. Measure out and cut two 6-inch pieces of hem tape to fit two sides of your square.
4. Lay your hem tape on the edges of the patterned side of your fabric and iron each side for about 30 seconds.
Wait about 30 more seconds for the hem tape to dry before moving on to the next step.
5. Turn the fabric out so that the patterned side is facing outward.
6. To make your filling, combine your white rice, Epsom salt, and essential oils.
You’ll need ¼ cup Epsom salt, ½ cup white rice and 18-20 drops of Rainy Days, Fresh Meadow or Spring Dawn.
7. Using a measuring cup or scoop, fill your sachet.
Be sure to leave enough room to close your sachet at the end.
8. Measure out a piece of hem tape for the final edge.
Once measured and cut, attach it to the inside edge of your sachet and iron shut.
Ta-da! You are done! Place your beautiful sachet inside your dresser drawer for a clean and spring-filled experience.
Everything Spring Closet & Drawer Sachet
What you’ll need:
- 6 x 12 in. piece of fabric
- Hem tape
- ¼ cup Epsom salt
- ½ cup white rice
- 18-20 drops Rainy Days, Fresh Meadow, or Spring Dawn
What you’ll do:
Fold your fabric to make a 6×6 in. square. Cut hem tape for two sides. Lay hem tape on the edges of the patterned side of the fabric. Iron each side with tape for about 30 seconds. Allow drying for about 30 seconds. Turn the fabric out so the patterned side is facing outward. In a bowl, mix Epsom salt, rice, and essential oil. Fill sachet with the desired amount of mixture. Close final sachet edge with hem tape and iron for 30 seconds to seal. Place in a dresser drawer for a refreshing, spring-like aroma.
For a printable version, click here.