It’s time for our May Horoscope! Each month, we’ll be pairing up essential oils with astrological events to assist you on your path. Be sure to check back on the first of every month for your new horoscope.
*All essential oil recommendations are based on horoscopes retrieved from Astrology.com.
On May the fourth, you’ll find that you’re mental faculties are sharpened and that your ability to communicate is greatly improved. Now is a great time to delve into difficult or demanding cognitive tasks like studying, or research. On the seventh, a full moon in Scorpio can help you figure out what’s truly important in your life, so take some time to prioritize and consider changes you can make. When Mars (your power planet) enters Pisces on the 12th, use the resultant boost of confidence to make those changes and rid yourself of excess baggage.
Because the sun enters Gemini on the 20th, you might feel your mind opening up to new possibilities. Take advantage of broadened horizons and new people, places, and things entering your life.
- Chill Out: Use this cooling blend to help instill a sense of peace and calm as you let go of unnecessary things.
- Chamomile Roman: With the level of intensity that you might feel with your increased focus and confidence, it might be nice to chill-out a bit. Use Chamomile Roman to create a more relaxed atmosphere.
When Venus and Neptune “square-up” on May third, normally rough and tough Taurus’ might feel a bit insecure, especially when it comes to love and money. To avoid second-guessing yourself, think hard about any decisions you need to make. This time of careful consideration could lend itself to the increased level of curiosity you’ll experience when Mercury enters Gemini on the eleventh. Don’t let yourself be overwhelmed as you appreciate all there is to learn in this infinite universe. Now’s a good time to get to know new people in your life and familiarize yourself with new subjects.
Variety will truly be the spice of life on May 20th when the sun travels into multi-faceted Gemini. Your curiosity will keep growing and the world will feel larger with ever-expanding possibilities. Be careful not to let your attention be drawn into all the exciting new directions at once! It might become even more difficult to stay focused when a Gemini new moon rises on the 22nd. So do your best to take things one at a time — pick a path and stay on it.
- Self Esteem: As the name suggests, this blend is meant to give you that boost of confidence when you’re feeling insecure.
- Hocus Focus: Bring back some balance and help yourself stay on track by using this energizing blend.
Due to the sun-Mercury conjunction on the fourth, early May might be a good time for Gemini’s to reconnect with people who have grown distant. Then, when your ruler Mercury enters your perceptive sign on the 11th, your communicative exchanges with others will be operating on a whole different level. Go deeper.
When the sun joins Gemini on the 20th, you’ll want to open up to more of life’s endless opportunities. Ask questions and learn, and be ready to make a new long-term friend or lover.
- Blue Tansy: This luxurious oil has powerful clearing and calming properties. It can help boost your confidence when reaching out to old friends or fanning new flames.
- Sensual: This sultry blend is ideal for creating a romantic ambiance and is perfect for a sensual massage — just in case that new friend becomes something more.
The Scorpio full moon on the seventh might make you feel resistant to change, but you should probably just go with the flow. On the twelfth, the warrior Mars enters pacifist Pisces, so proceed with caution. Energy levels will be a bit off, and this pair-up can lead to confusion.
When the sun meets up with Gemini on the 20th, you’ll enjoy a renewed sense of wonder in the world. You’ll love getting to know people, and seeing it all from dazzling new perspectives. With the new moon on the 22nd, all the great ideas spinning through your brain could make you dizzy. Luckily, it should be easy for you to choose one to develop. So pick a direction and march on to success.
- Joyful Creation: This blend helps to encourage harmony, warmth, and enthusiasm in relationships, and could help you accept change.
- Cedarwood Atlas: Use this powerful essential oil to instill a positive and calming mentality to find order in chaos.
The sun-Mercury conjunction on the fourth should perk you right up. You might have a busy mind, but now you should be able to focus and express yourself clearly. The intensity of the Scorpio full moon on the seventh could bring interesting new influences into your circle. Let them come, but be careful.
On the 20th, curious Gemini will pair up with the sun, and for you, this means you’ll want to know everything! You’ll dig deep to uncover the truths about the people, places, and things in your life. If you can, now’s a great time to go on an adventure or exercise your mind. During the sun-Saturn trine on the 22nd, you could finally be recognized for some achievement from the past. Enjoy that, and let it push you to accomplish your current goals.
- Palo Santo: This oil has been used for centuries for its healing properties and to ward off negative energy — making it a good choice for a Leo whose social sphere is expanding.
- Clear Intuition: Sharpening your intuition can be a great benefit as you meet new people and learn new things.
For Virgo, the sun-Mercury conjunction on May fourth could make you quick to react or spur you to jump to conclusions. Take it easy and try to reflect before saying or doing things you might regret. You’ll want to talk even more when your power planet Mercury pairs up with Gemini on the 11th. Talk about unfulfilled needs and desires with your employer, friends, or your romantic interest.
When the sun enters Gemini on the 20th, you’ll crave variability and cultivate an intense curiosity. Grow, learn, and adopt exciting new perspectives. As communicative Mercury enters fragile Cancer, you might be quick to take other’s comments personally. Try not to let them get you down and think back to the different perspectives you adopted earlier this month.
- Palmarosa: Uplifting and calming, use this oil to help regulate your emotions when you want to lash out.
- Grounded Foundation: To bolster your sense of security and trust, use this stalwart blend.
On the third, don’t let insecurity stemming from the Venus-Neptune square rattle you. Maintain a positive outlook and you’ll be just fine. When Mercury enters Gemini on the 11th, let yourself be open to all the possibilities and opportunities that the universe provides. You’ll want to travel, learn, and meet new people.
When the sun enters Gemini on the 20th, you’ll likely have an overwhelming desire to learn more about yourself, and your stance on everything from politics to existence. Try to separate from emotion while you reinterpret your disposition. And just as you’ve recovered from the insecurities from earlier this month, another Venus-Neptune square is going to shake you up again on the 28th. It will be difficult to trust others, especially those who are closest to you. But on the bright side, this could help you see flaws and toxic traits in your personal relationships.
- Petitgrain: Petitgrain is a go-to oil for intense emotions and uncertainty — making it perfect for Libra during this difficult month.
- Sage Dalmatian: Use this oil to invigorate your mind when you’re mentally exhausted, either from feelings of insecurity or from learning so many new things.
You’ll have to deal with some duality when the full moon is in Scorpio on the seventh. The practicality of the Taurus sun and the emotionality of your sign will be difficult to deal with, but use that conflict to get rid of unnecessary things in your life. Mars (your co-ruler) enters Pisces on the 12th and brings even more unbalance to what has already been a tough month. You’ll struggle to maintain focus, and it won’t be easy to get what you need.
Thankfully, when the sun enters Gemini on the 20th, you’ll feel looser and more flexible. Ease-up, step back and try to look at things a little less critically. And relax for a minute, because May culminates with communicative Mercury entering emotional Cancer on the 28th. Your emotions will likely have dramatic highs and lows and it’s probably a good time to surround yourself with friends who really understand you.
- Higher Connection: Use this blend to help you escape contradictory feelings and dualistic notions so that you can focus, and remember who your higher self is.
- Clary Sage: Clary Sage is a powerful essential oil that can help ease dramatic highs and lows of emotion so you can find balance and clarity.
Use the Scorpio full moon on May seventh as an opportunity to clean things up a bit. Get rid of the extra energy-draining things in your life, or seek new beginnings. When combatant Mars enters peaceful Pisces on the twelfth, you’ll likely be influenced by the conflicting energies. Doubt and worry could plague your mind, so try to just trust your gut and move past it.
On the 20th, the sun pairs with Gemini and will ignite your curiosity while improving your communication skills. So travel, talk, and ask questions while you can. Because on the 28th you won’t feel so talkative when chatty Mercury enters shy Cancer. You’ll feel vulnerable and only want to talk to people you really trust.
- Coriander Seed: Use this ancient oil to calm your nerves, ease worry, and help you navigate confusing emotions.
- Brain Aid: Brain Aid was designed specifically to boost focus and help keep your mind sharp — an excellent choice for Sagittarius this month.
Mercury shifts from Taurus to Gemini on May 11th, which might be a transition for you from structured, logical dialogue to a looser, more open-ended pattern of communication. When the Mercury-Saturn trine occurs on the twelfth, you’ll find new vigor to check things off of that to-do list or to fine-hone the projects you’ve become bored with.
Your need for understanding will be emboldened when the sun enters Gemini on May 20th. Your perspective might change, and you will feel more inquisitive than normal. Now’s a great time to seek out answers to old questions. On the 22nd, a sun-Saturn trine will encourage you to start thinking about the far-future more. During this trine, you’ll really enjoy adding more responsibilities to your workload, and you could greatly benefit from doing so.
- Spruce Black: Spruce Black is uplifting and energizing to the senses, so it’ll be perfect to use while you’re checking things off that to-do list.
- Energy: Double-up on that newfound vigor with this energizing blend.
Early May is your time to shine, Aquarius! You’ll be firing on all cylinders during the sun-Mercury conjunction on the fourth. You will want to be around other people, try new things, and show off your natural abilities. This will work out in your favor when talkative Mercury enters witty Gemini on the 11th, because you’re going to be bombarded with information and questions. Try to think on your feet and don’t let yourself get overloaded.
When the sun enters Gemini on the 20th, you should try to enjoy some downtime with all that easy-going energy. Let yourself relax and be entertained after several busy and exciting weeks. While you’re kicking back, take a minute to step back on the 22nd with a Gemini new moon. You’ll discover a brand new outlook, and see a myriad of opportunities to jump on. Think big!
- Wood Spice: With such an active mind in early May, you may want to tone it down a bit. Use Wood Spice to do just that.
- Meditation: As you attain a higher perspective, use Meditation to really reflect and take stock of all the possibilities and opportunities headed your way.
On the third, a Venus-Neptune square might distort your perception. Because of that, you should delay making any big decisions for a while. When a full moon in Scorpio occurs on the seventh, you’ll feel impassioned and want to listen to your heart. What is it that you feel so strongly about, but have been afraid to say or do? Do it now.
When Mars pairs up with your gentle sign on the 12th, you’ll feel a sudden burst of creativity. You might ease back a bit on professional pursuits, and let your mind wander. That’s okay. When Mercury pairs up with Cancer on the 28th, use that lingering creative flow to get closer to the people you really care about. Check-up on loved ones you haven’t spoken to in a while and let them know you how you feel.