Happy Star Wars Day! Last year, we had such fun creating diffuser blends from across the galaxy to transport you to your favorite Star Wars destination. And so this year, we put our collective fandoms together to come up with some fun (and KidSafe) ways to celebrate. Whip up some Death Star Bath Bombs so you can restore peace to your galaxy by destroying the dreaded space station. Try out our diffuser blends to help you meditate on the force, experience exotic locales, or snuggle up with your favorite Wookie while you begin your Star Wars movie marathon.
May the force be with you…. always.
Death Star Bath Bombs
That’s no moon . . .
You used to bullseye womp rats in your T16 back home, remember? Turn off your targeting computer, take a deep breath, and relax your mind and body while you destroy the Death Star from the comfort of a nice warm bath. Assaulting this Death Star in your tub is a KidSafe adventure!
*You can find the silicone molds we used here.
What you’ll need:
- Death Star Silicone Mold
- 3 cups Baking Soda
- 2 cups Citric Acid
- 1 Tbsp Buttermilk Powder
- 1 tsp Polysorbate 80
- 2 ounces Jojoba or Fractionated Coconut Oil
- .5 ounces Shea Butter (melted)
- Optional: Gray Mica or Soap Coloring
- Witch Hazel*
- 25 drops Bergamot
- 14 drops Juniper Berry
- 6 drops Vetiver
What you’ll do:
- Whisk dry ingredients together with a mixer to remove all clumps. If adding mica, add in a small amount and mix until it has incorporated into the dry ingredients to the desired color.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the Jojoba, melted Shea Butter, Polysorbate 80, and essential oils.
- Slowly add the liquids to the dry ingredients. Blend until you have the consistency of damp sand. Squeeze a small amount of the mixture in your hands to see if it will hold shape. Continue to mix until the desired consistency has been reached. *If too dry, spritz in a small amount of witch hazel and mix well.
- Pack both halves of the Death Star mold, pressing firmly and slightly overfilling. Push the molds together and slightly twist until the seams line up.
- Holding the mold in your hand, gently tap the top and then remove the mold. Turn the bomb over in your hand and gently tap if needed to remove the mold.
- Allow your Death Star Bath Bombs to air dry for 24 hours.
*For a printable version, click here.
Star Wars Day Diffuser Blends
Inspired by places and events in a galaxy far, far away, we’ve once again created diffuser blends to commemorate Star Wars day. Each blend is KidSafe, so feel free to diffuse around your Younglings and Padawans.
Jabba the Hutt might smell bad (he is a vile-looking slug-creature after all), but his palace sure doesn’t! With concerts and parties and extravagant food and drink, the air, and this diffuser blend, is full of the scent of the warm, dry desert air and exotic cocktails.
Let’s just hope the rancor pit has been cleaned recently…
A Hug From a Wookie
Who wouldn’t want to hug a Wookie? The earthy, woodsy scents of their forest-planet Kashyyyk are captured in their fur like a natural cologne. So long as you’re on their good side, a hug from a Wookie, along with this warm, sweet diffuser blend, is just the thing.
- 2 drops Woodland Co-Extraction (previous Oil of the Month)
- 1 drop Vetiver
- 2 drops Sandalwood Australian
- 2 drops Black Pepper
*If you don’t have Woodland Co-Extraction, you can use Copaiba Oleoresin instead. The aroma won’t be the same, but it’ll still feel like a hug from a Wookie.
Feel the Force
Breathe deeply of this cool, refreshing blend and feel the force flow through you. We don’t have the instruments needed to measure midi-chlorian levels before and after diffusing these powerful essential oils, but we wouldn’t be surprised if the First Order would want to get their hands on it.