The air is finally cooling down, the seasons are changing, and we’re getting a little antsy to get started on our holiday to-dos! Handmade gifts are an extra touch of love and care that we love for the holidays. That’s why we’re DIYing our gift list this year and making our holiday blends our most-prized tool.
Our cozy and cheerful holiday essential oil blends are great for homemade lotions, balms, chapstick, and more. But first, to get yourself in the mood for holiday crafting, use our holiday blends in this fantastic DIY gelatin room freshener! Place this passive freshener near your crafting table to set a festive atmosphere.
Meet Our Holiday Blends
We’re bringing back our most popular holiday blends for the perfect seasonal set. Each blend can be purchased individually or in our All Bundled Up Set.
- Candy Cane: This sweet and minty treat will fill your home with the bright and happy scent of candy canes.
- Christmas Tree: This blend smells exactly like a freshly cut Christmas tree! The scent will get the whole family in the holiday spirit.
- Gingerbread: Fill your home with the scent of Santa’s favorite cookie. This warm and spicy blend will make your home smell delicious.
- Holly Berries: This blend has a citrusy sweet, crisp, and warm aroma. Additionally, this blend may help support clear respiration.
- Sugar Plum: Uplift your home atmosphere with this sugary-sweet and citrusy aroma.
- Winter Wreath: This blend has a fresh, crisp, and woodsy aroma that is perfect for bringing the winter woods indoors. Additionally, Winter Wreath may help support clear respiration.
Each of these blends has cozy and cheerful aromas that are perfect for setting the holiday mood. We recommend grabbing the All Bundled Up Set if you’re like us and plan on DIYing all season.
Note: Christmas Tree, Holly Berries, Sugar Plum, and Winter Wreath are KidSafe, but Candy Cane and Gingerbread are not.
You can also build your own custom set! If you’ve only got your eye on a couple of favorites, Winter Magic is for you. All you have to do is add three holiday blends to your cart (or double up on one that’s most-loved) and use WINTER3SET at checkout. You’ll save 10% and get a gorgeous set sleeve for your custom set.
Festive Gelatin Room Freshener
Once you choose your favorite holiday blend, grab your cutest jars, and get ready to craft! This DIY is a quick and cost-effective way to enjoy your holiday scents. It also has a shelf life of about 1-2 weeks.
What you’ll need
- 1 ounce powdered gelatin
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 25-30 drops of your favorite holiday blend
- 1 cup of room temperature water
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- Food coloring
- 2 mason-type jars
What you’ll do
- Add gelatin to the cup of boiling water, mixing as you pour slowly to help completely dissolve.
- Stir in the salt and second cup of water.
- Add your chosen holiday blend and food coloring, then mix well.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the jars.
- Allow to cool and set up.
For a printable version, click here.
Which holiday blend will you add to this DIY room freshener? What are your favorite DIY gifts? Tell us in the comments below!