Without question, many of us put our hair through the wringer. From hair dye, styling with heated tools, to perms and blowouts, our hair can go through some serious damage. Regardless, you can still achieve shinier, healthy hair all, of course, with the right products. Natural hair masks, adding essential oils into your shampoo and other valuable hair products such as a detangler spray are some staples you need to help revitalize your mane with the nutrients it deserves.
Hair Oils and Masks
Hair masks and oils are the perfect remedy for dull, dry, and damaged hair. For example, Coconut Oil can help condition, leaving your hair nourished from the roots down to the tips. Coconut Oil is also known to help the cuticles of your hair retain its moisture. In turn, this can help reduce the appearance of dry and frizzy hair.
However, if you are looking for something to help treat overly dry scalps, Jojoba Oil is the antidote for you. Since dry scalps can lead to dandruff, using Jojoba Oil for treatment can help restore hydration back into your scalp. Additionally, because Jojoba Oil is nearly identical to human sebum, it can mimic the oil we produce in our scalp, which then balances out our hair’s natural sebum oils.
For a fun DIY moment, you can also add carrier oils like Coconut and Jojoba, into a homemade hair mask. Incorporating this into a treatment such as a hair mask or serum can allow your hair to fully absorb its beneficial nutrients. If you are searching for a DIY deep conditioning hair mask to help revive the look of healthy hair, check out this luxurious DIY recipe. Plus, you can also create your own DIY hair serum that helps you achieve shiny hair.
Essential Oils in Shampoo and Conditioner
Like hair masks, adding essential oils into your shampoo and conditioner is a great way to get those remedial benefits back into your hair. Rosemary 1,8-Cineole is a fantastic essential oil to boost your favorite unscented shampoo or conditioner. Rosemary 1,8-Cineole helps promote hair growth as well as combat excess oil production.
For the most part, you can put just about any essential oil into your shampoo or conditioner, depending on the benefits you are looking for. To name a few, essential oils such as Lavender, Cedarwood, Pink Grapefruit, and Clary Sage are all great for hair health. For everyday use, we recommend a 1% dilution, which amounts to 9 drops per ounce.
Conditioning Detangler Spray for Healthy Hair
The fact of the matter is brushing or combing your hair can actually cause damage if you are not doing it right. Breakage can occur, causing split ends or even a sore scalp. Luckily, our newest Conditioning Detangler Spray can help you maintain silky, healthy hair. Our spray is made without parabens, synthetic fragrances, dyes, silicones, formaldehyde donors and sulfates, which means it won’t strip your hair from its natural oils. Combined with Argan and Jojoba proteins, our spray is set to help you separate your hair strands while maintaining smooth, silky locks.
What’s even better? This multi-purpose spray also helps calm cowlicks and flyaways, making it the ideal product for all hair types that can be hard to manage. Incorporating a detangler spray can help save time combing out your hair while completely conditioning your hair. Simply, spray it liberally on damp or dry hair then, comb or brush in gentle strokes.
See What’s Inside Our Conditioning Detangler Spray
Accompanying the light citrusy and floral aroma, our Conditioning Detangler Spray combines some incredible ingredients and nutrients. This will help you unravel tangled hair and maintain sleek, luxurious locks. Here are the ingredients that make up our amazing Conditioning Detangler Spray:
- Aqua: Water
- Dicetyldimonium Chloride: A hair conditioning agent that also has antistatic properties.
- Olive Oil Glycereth-8 Esters: An olive oil derived ingredient modified to be water dispersible.
- Hydrolyzed Jojoba Protein: Derived from the jojoba plant through a process involved with water.
Aloe Vera Leaf Juice Powder: Plant extract that has antioxidant properties and serves to hydrate hair and skin.
- Argan Oil: A non-fragrant oil derived from argan trees, that contains beneficial lipids and fatty acids, including oleic acid, palmitic acid, and linoleic acid. Also contains Vitamin E to help nourish dry scalps.
- Jojoba Oil: A highly moisturizing oil containing polyunsaturated wax, naturally contains vitamin E, Vitamin B, Silicon, Chromium, Copper, Zinc, and Iodine. Contains Erucic, Gadoleic, and Oleic fatty acids.
- Fractionated Coconut Oil: A rich source of fatty acids, used to help moisturize hair and skin.
- Natural Fragrance: Natural, plant-derived scents of light citrus and floral fragrances.
- Potassium Sorbate: Used as a preservative.
- Ethylhexylglycerin: Synthetic and derived from vegetable glycerin, this ingredient acts as a preservative to help keep formulas from spoiling.
- Glycerin: A humectant found in natural lipids that support balance and hydration to replenish hair.
- Phenoxyethanol: Used as a preservative, solvent, and antimicrobial ingredient. It’s also biodegradable and Whole Foods compliant.
- Citric Acid: A mild preservative, found naturally in citrus fruits.
What are your favorite natural products for healthy hair? Let us know in the comments!