At the end of the day, we all know it’s important to remove all makeup, dirt, or impurities that have built onto your skin throughout the day. Admittedly, there are probably a million and one skincare routines that could be great for your skin. But have you ever heard of the double cleanse method? If you haven’t, this is your sign to switch over. Double cleansing is a sure way of knowing you’ve removed all makeup and dirt before calling it a night. Plus, we brought back our Oil Facial Cleansers to help get the job done! Want to find out how it works? Keep reading to see why this the way to go.
Benefits of Double Cleansing
So, what is the double cleanse method? It’s a skincare process that helps you thoroughly remove all makeup, dirt, pollutants, and any other impurities that accumulate on your skin while you’re out and about. As simple as the name is, the double cleanse method means you’ll be cleansing your face twice. However, you’ll be using two different types of cleansers that can help remove all pollutants at the end of the day.
First, you will use an oil-based cleanser. Those who have oily-prone skin, don’t be alarmed! It’s easy to assume that putting oil-based products onto already oily skin will make your skin, well, more oily. But that is simply not the case. Oil-based cleansers gently remove makeup, sebum, and other impurities without stripping away your natural oils. Stripping away natural oils with harsh cleansers can actually make your skin too dry, leaving your face to react and produce more oil to overcompensate. Also, oil cleansers break down these impurities to make them easier to remove without tugging too hard at the skin. To put it simply, for those who have oily or acne-prone skin, this method works as great for you as it does for those with dry skin.
Second, you’ll need a water-based cleanser. This step will help further remove any remaining oils, makeup, or sweat. Water-based cleansers can get deeper into the pores without drying out your skin. This two-step process not only will help thoroughly cleanse your skin of dirt and grime but also provide a gentler experience.
Plant Therapy’s Oil Facial Cleansers
To help you achieve clean and nourished skin, we introduce to you our Oil Facial Cleansers! And because every skin type is different, we carefully formulated two different options: for oily skin types and normal/dry skin types. Back by popular demand, these are the same Plant Therapy Oil Cleansers you know and love!
Our Oil Facial Cleansers for Oily Skin blends Grapeseed and Camellia Seed Oil to provide a lightweight, yet nourishing moisturization while helping you cleanse your skin from dirt, makeup, and other impurities. In addition, it’s blended with Rosemary and Peppermint essential oils to help relieve redness and combat oily skin, all while boasting a gentle, herbaceous aroma. This concoction of all-natural ingredients will help you achieve a healthier and bright skin complexion.
For normal to dry skin types, choose our Oil Facial Cleanser that blends Safflower and Sunflower oils to help moisturize and nourish your skin. Plus, we added Ylang Ylang, Bergamot, and Grapefruit essential oils to help soothe dry, reddened skin. Made without parabens, sulfates, and alcohol, these two Oil Cleansers are a great addition to your skincare routine while also being a key player in the double cleanse method.
How It Works
Not sure where to start? We got you covered. Here are the steps on how to effectively wash your face with the Double Cleanse Method:
- Grab your Oil Cleanser and place a small amount in the palm of your hand. Use your fingers to gently massage the oil cleanser into your skin, working in small circles to help remove makeup and dirt.
- After thoroughly cleansing, rinse off the cleanser with water and a soft washcloth.
- While your skin is damp, apply your water-based cleanser. Pump one small amount to your palm and lather in between your hands, then, begin cleansing your skin. Again, use small circular motions to cleanse. Be mindful of the eye area.
- Once you’ve finished cleansing your skin, you’ll rinse off with lukewarm water and gently pat your skin dry with a soft face towel.
- Apply your favorite toner and serums like the Vitamin C Serum with Hyaluronic Acid or continue the additional steps of your skincare routine.
- Lastly, apply facial oils like our Revitalize Night Oil. These should be applied last in your skincare routine as they hold larger molecules to reinforce the moisture barrier. Applying such oils before a lightweight moisturizer could potentially block your skin from absorbing such nutrients.
Have you tried the Double Cleanse Method? If so, why do you implement it into your routine? Let us know in the comments!