For August’s Planting Kindness, it’s time to celebrate the teachers!
It’s no secret — 2020 was a challenging year for teachers and it spilled right into 2021, too. With constantly having to adapt to CDC and state recommendations, teachers had to become incredibly flexible. Whether teaching in a classroom, going completely online, or navigating through the mostly uncharted territory of the hybrid in-person/virtual classroom, teachers went above and beyond to keep their students engaged!
So for the month of August we’re donating to Donors Choose, a nonprofit online charity organization where teachers can request funding for the tools their students need most. These can be anything from classroom supplies to new experiences. This amazing charity allows educators to request funds for their proposals and then individuals can donate directly to the cause they are inspired by most! To support this amazing cause, Plant Therapy will donate $5 with every purchase of one of our most favorite KidSafe essential oil blends — Defender!
For a great back-to-school blend, look no further than Defender! You’ll love its bright, fruity aroma that can freshen up your home and encourage a clean and welcoming environment. This blend combines the citrusy aromas of Blood Orange, Pink Grapefruit, and Lemon with the woody aromas of Frankincense and Juniper Berry. Finally, this blend is rounded out with the floral, herbaceous scents of Lavandin and Sweet Marjoram.
Not only does Defender smell great, but these immune-supporting oils are a perfect match for the hustle and bustle of going back to school. Use it in your diffuser to help freshen up your space or add it to a carrier oil or lotion and apply topically. For a fantastically effortless cleaning solution, add 15 drops of Defender to 1 tablespoon of Castile Soap or dishwashing liquid and 4 ounces of distilled water. Just spray and wipe to help keep your space clean during times of seasonal illness. Or try this simple shower disc recipe to enjoy Defender while freshening up!
Defender Shower Discs
What You Will Need
- 1.5 cups Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 2 Tbsp & 1 tsp Water
- 50 – 100 drops Defender
- Small Glass Bowl
- Silicon Mold or Small Muffin Tin
- Airtight Storage Container
What You Will Do
- Pour the baking soda and arrowroot powder into a small glass bowl and add Defender. Use a fork to mix together and break up any lumps in the baking soda.
- Sprinkle the water over the top of the baking soda and essential oil mixture and use the fork to combine.
- Firmly press the mixture into your molds. Let the shower discs dry overnight, then gently pop them out of the molds.
- Store in an airtight container. To use, place one in the shower and enjoy the aroma! Make sure to place the disc in a spot where the water will just barely hit it (not directly under the showerhead)
We hope you join us this month in celebrating all of the amazing and dedicated educators who help make this world a better place!