Are you ready to add a burst of sunshine to your life? Look no further than Lemon Essential Oil! This zesty and energizing oil is like a little bottle of liquid sunshine that can lift your mood, freshen up your home, and rejuvenate your skin. From cleaning to aromatherapy to skincare, the uses for Lemon Essential Oil are endless. Let’s dive into some of the most popular and effective ways to use this versatile oil. Grab a glass of lemonade, and let’s get started!
Aromatherapy to Uplift & Energize
One of the most popular uses for Lemon Essential Oil is aromatherapy. The oil’s bright, uplifting scent is believed to have a positive impact on mood, reducing feelings of stress and unease. Plant Therapy offers multiple options to reap the benefits via diffusion.
- Add Lemon Essential Oil to our Metro Stone Diffuser and let the scent fill the room.
- Drop a few drops on one of our cute passive diffusers to enjoy a lighter scent or in a smaller area.
- Take the sunshine with you by using our Portable Diffuser or Mini Portable Diffuser.
Freshen the Air
Lemon Essential Oil has a fresh and clean scent, making it the perfect natural air freshener.
- Make your own room spray by simply adding a few drops to a spray bottle filled with water and spritz it around the room.
- You can also add a few drops to cotton balls and place them in your car or in your closet to keep things smelling fresh.
- Put a few drops on the cardboard insert of the toilet paper roll to keep your bathroom smelling great!
Lemon Essential Oil is a powerful natural cleaner that you can use in various ways around the home. Its antibacterial and antiviral properties effectively cleanse surfaces and eliminate germs.
- Mix a few drops with water and vinegar to create a natural all-purpose cleaner.
- Add a drop or two with your dish soap to make dishes sparkle
- Include a few drops to your laundry detergent to freshen up clothes and remove stains
- Remove stubborn water spots from wood surfaces. Simply mix a few drops of Lemon Essential Oil with olive oil and rub into the watermark (spot test in a small, inconspicuous area before going all in)
You might be interested in these DIY cleaning blogs featuring lemon:
Lemon Essential Oil can be used in nail care to promote strong and healthy nails.
- Add a few drops to a carrier oil such as jojoba oil or apricot kernel oil and apply it to your nails and cuticles to help to strengthen brittle nails, prevent yellowing, and moisturize dry cuticles.
- Because of its antifungal properties, Lemon Essential Oil can also help to prevent nail fungus. Apply in the same manner as above.
Lemon Essential Oil can address various skin conditions. It can improve your complexion and leave your skin feeling soft and hydrated. It can help with everything from acne to aging to wound healing. However, we recommend using our Lemon Steam Distilled Essential Oil for skin care applications. Cold-pressed Lemon Essential Oil can be phototoxic – leaving your skin more sensitive to sun exposure and damage.
- Add a few drops to our body care products to brighten and rejuvenate the skin. We recommend using our Unscented Body Cream with Argan, Organic Jojoba Body Oil, or Near Perfection Body Oil.
- Its high vitamin C content makes it an excellent choice for reducing the appearance of dark spots, blemishes, and fine lines. Mix a few drops with one of our facial oils, like Younger Glo, Clear Complex, or Restorative Facial Oil with Arnica, and apply to your face.
- Lemon Steam Distilled Essential Oil also has excellent anti-bacterial properties aiding in the treatment of acne. When diluted and applied topically, it can kill bacteria that may get trapped in pores and cause breakouts.
- The healing properties of Lemon Steam Distilled Essential Oil can support speedier recovery from breakouts and treatment of acne scars when you use it.
You might be interested in these DIY’s for skincare featuring lemon:
Lemon Essential Oil can also be used in hair care to promote a healthy scalp and shiny hair.
- Add a few drops to your shampoo or conditioner to help remove excess oil and build-up.
- You can also mix a few drops with a carrier oil and massage it into your scalp to help stimulate hair growth and prevent dandruff.
- It can even remove gum from hair! Rub a few drops of lemon oil into the gum to loosen it from the hair, adding more oil as needed until you’ll able to pull the gum free.
This little bottle of sunshine is packed with so many benefits. Reach for Lemon Essential Oil often, and you’ll feel fresh, rejuvenated, and ready to tackle anything that comes your way! What have you used Lemon Essential Oil for that you’d like to share with us?
33 thoughts on “Lemon Essential Oil Benefits and Uses”
I love cleaning my microwave with the lemon essential oil. It removes any food smell and leaves such a nice smell.
I like that is has so many uses!
Sometimes it is good to get back to simple and basic, but powerful! I didn’t even think of ever using lemon oil for nails and hair! I use lemon oil for cleaning and the clean and fresh scent makes me happy! Think sunshine and clean, fresh air!
I never thought of a fraction of these ideas for my lemon EO and I adore ANYTHING lemon!!! Really glad I read this!! Thanks!!
We love using lemon to make our home smell fresh and clean.
Mix with cedarwood and diffuse.
I just love the way it smells!
Lemon smells so fresh and clean.
There are so many uses for lemon oil!
I never thought of using lemon in my hair! Bet it smells delightful.
Love lemon and lavender together
I didn’t realize it could do so many things! Great info!
I will be ordering a bottle of this as well! Who knew it was so versatile!
could you use this in your laundry ?
Yes, You can!
Love lemon added to hand soap in the kitchen, drop on dryer balls, use in shower and household cleaning sprays!
Lemon is one of my favorite it’s inexpensive and so useful
With 4 girls, It’s a good thing to keep on hand for the inevitable gum in hair situation. LoL
Definitely adding to my water and vinegar cleaning
Such great ideas. I realized after reading this, I only have a small amount lemon oil left. Definitely going to add a large size. A great scent for spring.
I immediately added your largest bottle to my cart after reading this.
I use vinegar as my main cleaning solution. Will have to try a few drops of lemon oil. That should help make the smell more pleasant.
Going to try the hair care and nail help
Didn’t know about using lemon for my hair. Going to try it
Lemon oil is so refreshing and clean. Many great uses!
great reminders and also learned new things
Love the smell of lemon oil, I use it in the morning to energize and uplift. I am not a morning person and this helps give me a lift.
I did not realize that Lemon Essential Oil had so many ways to be used. I am definitely trying it on my nails.